No products in the cart.
What is LED lighting?
LED lighting is the latest technology in energy-efficiency. LED stands for Light Emitting Diode, which is a semiconductor which turns electricity into light. to learn even more visit Wikipedia
LED lighting is really energy efficient, it uses around 80% less energy than old school lighting products such as halogen or incandescents – this means big savings for electrical bills. Aside from money, LED lighting have a much longer life than other types of lighting – see the table below. Browse LED Lights.
|Light Type||Light Life|
*Depending on the fitting
Other types of LED lighting?
LED Lighting comes in many shapes and sizes, they are either completely new fittings or replacements and remakes of older models.
INCANDESCENT VS LED LIGHTING
- Incandescent globes look like the traditional ‘Edison’ shaped light bulb, with a filament strung across two metal bars in the centre of the globe.
- As of November 2009, you are no longer able to purchase standard incandescent globes.
- Incandescent are extremely inefficient because they only converted 5-10% of the energy they produced into the light, while the remainder was converted to heat.
- The final result was an extreme waste of electricity.
CFL VS LED LIGHTING
- CFLs are fluorescent tubes twisted into shape to fit a standard light fitting.
- CFLs are about 80% more efficient than incandescent globes but have some restrictions, such as dimming size and appearance.